Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front disc brake conversion (Scarebird)

+9
fiat1100
Spring
62cutlassconvert
Flat-Foot
keithg
Tim_D
regal81455
Bill
woody1640
13 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Front disc brake conversion (Scarebird) - Page 7 Empty Re: Front disc brake conversion (Scarebird)

Post by keithg Thu May 27, 2021 11:37 am

Yes, that is with a Saab 900 steel space saver. I was able to file it to clear the Aluminum wheels I have. If I were to do it again, I may try a slightly larger mounting diameter and a larger diameter disc so it would clear.

keithg

Back to top Go down

Front disc brake conversion (Scarebird) - Page 7 Empty Re: Front disc brake conversion (Scarebird)

Post by 62cutlassconvert Thu May 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Ueah the larger rotor would solve the problem. I think the member here who has the BCCP 5 lug conversion kit has no problem. Bigger rotor, bigger caliper, bogger nicer bracket, batter brakes.

Well no reason to switch to Scarbird if ther is still a clearance issue. Got an email from them today saying their kit places the pad fully on the rotor so the spacing has gotta be very similar.

I’m clearancing the arch flange more and if necessary get a set of rims with 4” backspace instead of the 3 5/8” currently have. With the 1/4” spacer i have on the rotor it means i actually only have 3 3/8” backspace right now.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by custom880 Sat May 29, 2021 5:57 pm

I have the BCCP set up. Not on the road yet but blead the system and have a nice firm feel with good travel. I did have to modify the push rod since I modified the pedal mount  when I did the firewall so the master would sit straight. Once running I'll adjust the proportioning valve and it should be good to go...
custom880
custom880

Back to top Go down

Post by 62cutlassconvert Sat May 29, 2021 6:06 pm

You did the 5 lug I think right?
Wish I'd done that too but I have my wheels and painted them and didn't want to spend another $400.
He doesn't have that nice little alum MC anymore either. He said it's NLA. He's back to the big old cast iron Chevy MC that requires some significant clearancing of the unibody channel and the strut I have coming in from the side on my convert.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by custom880 Sat May 29, 2021 6:11 pm

Yup 5 lug better choice on wheels the wagon was a wreak to begin with so I just had some fun doing whatever. Almost done gonna work on a 51 f2 and put a 6bt in it..
custom880
custom880

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7