Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holley Sniper 2gc conversion

2 posters

Go down

Holley Sniper 2gc conversion Empty Holley Sniper 2gc conversion

Post by SFilmer Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:19 am

Hello everyone. I've recently disassembled my 2 barrel rochester carb and it's just finished, no point in trying to refurbish this one in my opinion. I've been looking for a replacement, and it seems in terms of 4 barrel carbs it's either a holley 390 or an edelbrock 500cfm carb.

However, the dual plane 4 barrel intake manifold for the buick 215 seem to be out of stock everywhere, I've been calling around and they're just gone. While researching I came across the holley sniper 2gc:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/sniper_efi_2gc/sniper_efi_2gc_small_bore/parts/550-866K

Obviously this will fit the engine with the stock intake, and it sounds like a great upgrade in terms of fuel efficiency (especially with the dutch fuel prices right now, €2,45 per LITER Shocked ) and reliability, but I was wondering how this will hold up in terms of power and torque compared to a 4 barrel carb and intake, because they will most probably have better flow.

Does anyone here have experience with the holley sniper 2gc on the 215 v8?

SFilmer

Back to top Go down

Holley Sniper 2gc conversion Empty Holley sniper

Post by richs37 Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:26 pm

SFilmer.
I do not have experience with Sniper on a 215, however, I put Sniper on a 355 c.i. Chevy in my 37 Buick. I went from a Edelbrock carb to the Sniper 4 barrel. Made all the difference in the world. It runs so much better, no cold start drive away problems, great idle. Best improvement I've made on the car. Along with the Sniper unit I also upgraded the ignition to a Holley distributor and c d box. This way the computer in the Sniper controls the timing as well.
I say go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

richs37

Back to top Go down