Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post by SteveMaz Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Hello from the Philly area. Here is a picture of my '62 Skylark convertible.

New member 69971210

SteveMaz

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post by cdnwillyg Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Welcome Steve, a man after my own heart...same car. Boy it sure looks prime tell us about your car!
Willy
cdnwillyg
cdnwillyg

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveMaz Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi Willy. I've owned the car for going on 30 years. It was all original when purchased. Other than a disc brake conversion, alternator, and electronic ignition, it's still stock. Body and paint were done about a year and a half ago. Currently, I'm looking for some appropriate 15" wheels. Hoping to take it to some local shows this summer, if there are any. How about your car?

SteveMaz

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnwillyg Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:22 pm

Hey Steve, welli have owned my car for 3 years now, rescued it out from a shed where it sat for over 30 years.
I was looking for a 67 but when I say the state this car was in I needed to save it. All original except it now has an alternator, generator ear was broken off otherwise I think it would be all original. My project build has the whole story if you are interested. I did come across a sedan parts car that has/had the optional 15" 4 bolt factory rims and all 4 hubcaps...got lucky there, so now looking to get some new tires. My plan is to get our out of province inspection done, as this car came from Seattle Washington but for that a new windshield, tires and new exhaust should be all it needs. All to be done this year but with this corvid 19 all is up in the air.
Could you tell me what paint you used and color as it looks original in the pics? Are those Corvair wheels on your car now?
More pics too!!
cdnwillyg
cdnwillyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Wailleur Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:06 am

Hi,

Welcome SteveMaz

Wailleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content