Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member just saying Hello...

5 posters

Go down

New member just saying Hello... Empty New member just saying Hello...

Post by Cjkjr48 Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:47 am

Just wanted to say hey, I just purchased a 1963 Skylark that needs some work to get on the road. Carb needs rebuild, floors are a little "Holy" , and the interior is rough but it runs and drives. I'm hoping to drive as I work on it this summer. It doesn't have to be pretty to be cool is my motto!!!
Cjkjr48
Cjkjr48

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

New member just saying Hello... Empty Re: New member just saying Hello...

Post by StageCat Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Welcome aboard, lots of helpful folks in the group.....

Tom
StageCat
StageCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Great to meet ya! Ask away if you have questions! This is a really friendly group here! Is that your car in your profile picture? Looks good!
Bill
Bill
Admin

https://skylark616263.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjkjr48 Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Yes thats my car. I had trouble posting pic in the text section but I'll keep trying. Anyone have any great luck rebuilding the Rochester carb? I bought the kit but now that I have been reading it doesn't appear to be the greatest carb from the court of popular opinion...
Cjkjr48
Cjkjr48

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:54 pm

I like it!! I am thinking of going 2 tone with my paint here this summer. Here is a thread about carb rebuilds -

https://skylark616263.forumotion.com/t84-carb-rebuild-kits

I did do it myself, and it was pretty easy. The last part of that thread is a little optimistic though - I am still having some issues, but I am betting that is with the ethanol in today's fuel. There is a user on here (Woody) who has taken the fuel injection off of a land rover and bolted it right on. If you read some history on the engine you will find out GM only used it until '63, then sold the rights to Land Rover who used the same block into the '90s. So there are a lot of aftermarket parts available. Here is the thread that Woody talks about his fuel injection swap -

https://skylark616263.forumotion.com/t19-fuel-injection-swap
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Oh, and as far as posting the pictures, it is a terrible process. You have to host the picture first (when you post or reply there are a bunch of icons - to host an image you click on the icon that looks like a picture with a floppy disk next to it, 3rd one to the left of the you tube icon). Once you upload the picture it will give you a link. You then have to copy the link into the dialog box that comes up when you click on the icon that looks like a chain with a plus symbol next to it.

It is a bad process, but the forum is free to set up and has limitations as a result. I have toyed with changing over to a better site, but haven't gotten to it yet. If you don't want to go through that whole process, you can just email me the pics and I will post them for you. My email is W_A_schafer@yahoo.com.

Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StageCat Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:23 am

A fairly easy way for me to post pictures here and other sites is to download photos to your photo bucket acct.(if you don't have one, open one its free) Click on image to use, to right side of photo under "Share this photo" click on IMG, it will flash copied. Go to your thread on any given forum and right click, then paste and your done.
StageCat
StageCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Good suggestion. I need to start using photobucket again.
Bill
Bill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by regal81455 Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:42 pm

Actually posting a bunch of images is easy -- click the icon with the diskette as mentioned above, then hit select files, once you're done adding all the files you want to add, hit send all, then once they've completely loaded hit the insert all button and it does everything for you -- no need to copy and paste the links that are provided.

Additionally, Im waiting patiently to see how Keith's car likes the EFI -- Ive been doing a bunch of reading on some of the MGB forums and alot of them are complaining that the EFI simply does not like to work with the older "buick" branded 215 engines for some reason and since they are a sealed unit there isn't alot of tweaking that can be done.  That's just what Ive read -- could be all user error IDK, hence why I'm waiting to see how Keiths install goes before considering any of this for myself.

And yes, WELCOME TO THE BOARD -- if you're in need of anything just ask!
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down