Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear parking brake cables

Go down

rear parking brake cables Empty rear parking brake cables

Post by keithg Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:45 pm

Does anyone know the specifics of them? I mean, they have to be pretty standard GM cables and such. Mine 'work', but the RR has a rusted fitting and is, therefore a bit short. This causes the RR to lock up when I hard brake. I just want to replace them both, but would have to remove them and measure them. If anyone has a set off the car or has gone through this before, I'd like to know.

keithg

Back to top Go down

rear parking brake cables Empty Re: rear parking brake cables

Post by keithg Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Well, after a lot of research, I figured that I could get the Lokar EC-80FU and cut and install that universal kit. I also ran across Inlinetube web page that has some clips and brake line kits for our cars as wel. They list the cables but show none in stock online. I find them reasonably priced as well. I called them today and they had both in stock. I bought both rear cables for the skylark for $156.00 with tax and shipping. This way it is not a project, just installation. Will let you know how it goes when I get them later in the week.

keithg

Back to top Go down

Post by keithg Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:03 pm

They fit perfectly. There was even rubber in the right places for the clamps.

keithg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down