Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dualpath rebuild

3 posters

Go down

dualpath rebuild Empty dualpath rebuild

Post by custom880 Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Engine for the wagon should be done soon and I was wondering if anyone has rebuilt their dualpath. Is there any tricks or things I should look out for or do. Guess what I'm asking is how was it to rebuild and what if any problems you dealt with. I've rebuilt a few 727s and 200r4s just looking for suggestions so the surprises are minimal.
custom880
custom880

Back to top Go down

dualpath rebuild Empty Re: dualpath rebuild

Post by Bill Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:36 pm

Did anyone message you on this one? I am sure it is only a matter of time and I will be rebuilding mine. I was wondering you got any tips, or if you have started it.
Bill
Bill
Admin

https://skylark616263.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by custom880 Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Haven't started yet but I will put anything I find out here. I haven't gotten any reply's on the rebuilding process.
custom880
custom880

Back to top Go down

dualpath rebuild Empty Dual path

Post by Six Deuce Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 pm

I did rebuild one a few years ago.....it was an extra transmission that i bought in case mine goes wrong.....it was completely shot, but for 100 bucks i cant complaint.
I Remembered that i bought a few books about the dual path.
There is a nice book from ATE engineers on internet....printed a few other books off internet....and so on. There is also a section in the shop manual that can help you out. (Link at the end). Kanter auto has about everything you need to rebuild it. Its not that hard...just be really organized with ziplocks to put parts in. This transmission is sitting on an engine stand wrapped in large clear bag just waiting to ne tested on my car someday......simple to install by the way with 4 bolts. Check the link: https://skylark616263.forumotion.com/profile?mode=sendpassword
Six Deuce
Six Deuce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down