Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you separate the pitman arm from the drag link on 62 Lark?

2 posters

Go down

How do you separate the pitman arm from the drag link on 62 Lark? Empty How do you separate the pitman arm from the drag link on 62 Lark?

Post by reebz Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:53 pm

I'm swapping the power steering for manual. I do not see how to separate the pitman from the drag link? Where is the bolt? How is it attached?

reebz

Back to top Go down

How do you separate the pitman arm from the drag link on 62 Lark? Empty Re: How do you separate the pitman arm from the drag link on 62 Lark?

Post by regal81455 Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:46 am

If you're inquiring about the center link - on the end of the tube is a large screw - you have to back that out and then the ball will come out of the link.

Take a look at my post about 1/2 way down this page...
https://skylark616263.forumotion.com/t9p75-front-disc-brake-conversion-scarebird

In it you can see the centerlink and a on the end is a cotter pin - you need to take the cotter pin out, remove the screwed in plug so you take pressure of the springs and buckets, and then if you're removing the pitman and steering pump you should be able to lift them out of the socket they go into.
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do you separate the pitman arm from the drag link on 62 Lark? Empty Re: How do you separate the pitman arm from the drag link on 62 Lark?

Post by regal81455 Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 am

FYI - Don't be surprised if you end up needing to take the tie rod out as well - I've never removed the pitman / steering gear by itself so just a heads up.
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reebz Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Thanks man back at it tomorrow.

reebz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down