Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'62 Convertible I'm interested in

2 posters

Go down

'62 Convertible I'm interested in Empty '62 Convertible I'm interested in

Post by Premier 350 Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:08 pm

This is at auction, about an hour away. Don't get too excited over the price, it's in Australia. Billed as a '61 but it's a 62. Engine has been swapped for a Chevy? V6. No details about the A/T.
Power steer, aftermarket radiator & master cylinder and I have no idea where the battery lives. Not sure if it runs/drives/ brakes either! Details are sketchy at best.

What points should I be looking at  for an inspection? If the price is right, I'm keen. Sure it's not original, but it might be a cheap convertible.

As a newb, I can't post the link, there's some pics below. Current bidding is $2250 AUD

I'm on V8buick under the same name, and thank you for all replies.

Cheers,
Chris

'62 Convertible I'm interested in 17404810
'62 Convertible I'm interested in 17404910
'62 Convertible I'm interested in 17405010

Premier 350

Back to top Go down

'62 Convertible I'm interested in Empty Re: '62 Convertible I'm interested in

Post by 62cutlassconvert Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 am

I'm an olds guy but I believe the skylark also had a V6 option. The AC and cooling aren't orig but someone here could ID if it's an orig V6 or not. Looks like a repaint and it's a convertible so check for bondo and rust especially in sills and floors and trunk wings. Orig trans or? To me, best would be a manual. If it's not an orig eng and trans then how did they take care of the 2 piece driveshaft connection. Typically a one piece shaft conversion hits the floor tunnel. Rear diff parts are very hard to find, any noise? Interior is expensive.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier 350 Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. Bidding was up to $5500 AUD the last time I checked, which is too steep for me.
That and it's a long way from original was too much. Good point about the driveshaft too.

I'll stick to my '69 Skylark, methinks!

Chris

Premier 350

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down