Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible -- Trunk Help

2 posters

Go down

1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible -- Trunk Help Empty 1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible -- Trunk Help

Post by Capt. B Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:47 pm

Just bought a fairly nice '62 convertible and I was wondering if there are any sources to obtain a trunk floor pan or if someone has that part number?

Thanks!

Capt. B

Back to top Go down

1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible -- Trunk Help Empty Re: 1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible -- Trunk Help

Post by regal81455 Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:15 pm

I hate to be a bearer of bad news but I do not believe this is a part/panel that will be sourced new -- it's likely going to have to be fabricated from scratch or cut out of a donor car. You can check with AMES Performance as they are great source for hard to find parts for our cars even though they will be listed for 61-63 tempests ( basically same car ).

http://www.amesperf.com/

or maybe check w/

oldbuickparts.com

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR FINDINGS PLEASE!
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible -- Trunk Help Empty Re: 1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible -- Trunk Help

Post by Capt. B Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Figured on that based on what I've researched.  These ARE very old cars.  Is there a centralized place to reference what cars can be used to source or cross reference on the Specials?

Last edited by Capt. B on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Capt. B

Back to top Go down

Post by regal81455 Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Well the " Y " bodies of this vintage are limited to the following:

61-62 Olds F85, Pontiac Tempest, and Buick Special/Skylark
63 same as the above

63's may share similar floor / trunk layout -- I'm am not certain on this - I do know they share same platform but the bodies are completely different.

That's the jist of the cars that share the same platform -- not a big variety -- these really are unique vehicles -- some corvair / chevy II parts have been known to be "adapted" to work but I think if it isn't sourced from one of the cars listed above basically all mods/repairs will require some finessing to make work with our compacts.

Thankfully the market for these cars seems to be picking up steam so maybe in the near future there will be greater support for them in our horizons!?!
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down