Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

62 special deluxe TRUNK lid chrome trim fastener / clips

3 posters

Go down

62 special deluxe  TRUNK lid chrome trim fastener / clips Empty 62 special deluxe TRUNK lid chrome trim fastener / clips

Post by Jim O Wed May 11, 2016 10:49 am

I am out of idea's on where I can find the plastic push in clips that go into the trunk lid. Similar to the body side chrome trim (1/2") but smaller (3/8"). My car is painted buffed and looking good except I am not able to put the trim back on. The clips broke when I pulled them out to paint the car. I have looked at FUSICK Buick, E bay, Original Car Parts/Buick skylark, ALS and a few others I forgot. I tried to modify some similar type fasteners but none will stay or hold when pushed into the holes and clipped onto the trim. I worry about gluing as that is permanent and the trim side of the clips are also loose. I only need four of them. but without them the trim wants to pull away from the trunk as it has a natural bow in it because the lids contour. My wife very much wants to have it for this summers activities. I put over 2000 hrs working on it since August 1st of last year. New engine, trans,interior,body,radio,wiring etc. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks much
Jim O. Idea

Jim O

Back to top Go down

62 special deluxe  TRUNK lid chrome trim fastener / clips Empty Re: 62 special deluxe TRUNK lid chrome trim fastener / clips

Post by regal81455 Wed May 11, 2016 11:39 am

Try these two places...

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/default.asp

http://alphaonehardware.com/

Best of luck!
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

62 special deluxe  TRUNK lid chrome trim fastener / clips Empty Re: 62 special deluxe TRUNK lid chrome trim fastener / clips

Post by Jim O Wed May 11, 2016 8:56 pm

was not able to find anything that resembled one. I have no PLAN B as doubt a bone yard would have a 62 that still had any chrome trim still on it anymore. Still looking....
jim o

Jim O

Back to top Go down

Post by StageCat Thu May 12, 2016 5:39 am

Jim, can you post a photo and measurement if needed, there's a place near me that has all sorts of hard to find fasteners, clips, etc If I know exactly what you need, may luck out

Tom
StageCat
StageCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down