Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else with same experience or opinion?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone else with same experience or opinion? Empty Anyone else with same experience or opinion?

Post by beachbuick62 Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:37 pm

I was at the grocery store and my 62 v8 sputtered a bit and wouldn't turnover. Very unusual. As I pondered my dilemma, an older (than me) gentleman approached and asked if he could help. I was one happy gal, as you fellas know your stuff. Here comes the good stuff....get this! The very first thing he did was remove my gas cap and replace it. My car started! What the heck?! He said vacuums quite common. While he fiddled around the car, I ran in the store and bought him a beer. Anyone else ?

beachbuick62

Back to top Go down

Anyone else with same experience or opinion? Empty Re: Anyone else with same experience or opinion?

Post by custom880 Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:56 pm

was the tank less than halve full? Might want to get a gas cap with a vent on it also. On my wagon there's a return line from the carb to keep the fuel cool helps the fuel from evaporating in the heat so it starts easier on hot days.
custom880
custom880

beachbuick62 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone else with same experience or opinion? Empty Re: Anyone else with same experience or opinion?

Post by beachbuick62 Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:40 pm

The fella recommended s new vented cap and i followed his advice! I was bummed to learn he was a tourist and did not live around here. I was hoping he could be my new garage guy! And, yes...my bad, there was under half tank. Now I know.

beachbuick62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum