Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PST suspension parts - experiences

2 posters

Go down

PST suspension parts - experiences Empty PST suspension parts - experiences

Post by keithg Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 am

My experience... The lower A-Arm pivots worked fine. On the left, the upper pivot caps did not fit the OEM shaft and I had to re-use 2 of the best condition original ones. It got about 2 turns in and bound solid and would not pivot on the bearing surface (internal threads). If you get a 'upper shaft set' from them with the shaft and 2 pivots, it worked fine. I did this on my RF. The lower ball joints were the adjustable type and worked fine. The upper I put on the RF went in fine. The one (same part number and style) for the LF would not go in. It acted as if the diameter was too large. No amount of torque could get it more than 1/2 way in. Luckily the old one had no play and I just replaced the rubber boot and replaced it.

This note is just to urge you to trial fit all parts from them first and don't force anything.

In the end, I have a fully rebuilt steering and front suspension and new shocks over the past year, so things are in good shape!

keithg

Back to top Go down

PST suspension parts - experiences Empty Re: PST suspension parts - experiences

Post by regal81455 Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:25 am

That's weird Keith - I didn't have the same experience at all. Everything went together as it should've for me. Guess mileage may vary...
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down