Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED

4 posters

Go down

2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED Empty 2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED

Post by regal81455 Tue May 30, 2017 8:07 am

So I've been working on doing the disc conversion upfront and ended up rebuilding the front end with all new steering / suspension components and figured I'd share a couple of pics of the 2" drop spring installed.  I purchased this through C.A.R.S -- so far happy with the result -- I still need to cut the coils in the back ( 1 yr old ) to set the ride height but we're getting there.

Still have some items to complete on the disc conversion so I can't comment on ride quality yet but will report back when able.

2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED 20170513
2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED 20170512
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED Empty Re: 2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED

Post by 62cutlassconvert Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Looks good. I put 1" drops in my Cutlass, do alot of driving on rough roads and it as far as I can go. Are you stock with trans and crossmember? What are you doing on exhaust?

BTW, that garage looks way to organized.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by regal81455 Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm

62cutlassconvert wrote:Looks good. I put 1" drops in my Cutlass, do alot of driving on rough roads and it as far as I can go.
 Thanks, yeah our roads here are decent, at least the ones I travel on with this car.  I hope 2" doesn't turn out to be a mistake.

62cutlassconvert wrote:Are you stock with trans and crossmember? What are you doing on exhaust?

Yes, it's stock auto trans and x-member.  Exhaust is as it was when I bought the car -- single pipe from front to rear, using glasspack muffler and exiting out the drivers side behind wheel.  No plans to change either of these items in the near future.

62cutlassconvert wrote:BTW, that garage looks way to organized.

LOL -- I like to keep things tidy, makes it easier for me to find things when I need them but believe me it does look like a bomb went off from time to time when I dig into a big project.  These were takin' not too long after a quick cleanup from the front end rebuild / disc conversion.
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Esasky's62Lark Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Love the look Josh! car is looking bad ass!
Esasky's62Lark
Esasky's62Lark

Back to top Go down

Post by regal81455 Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:27 am

So this pic is after cutting the rear coils -- as of right now my measurements from the ground to the top of the arch on the wheel wells are as follows:

Front -- 22.5"
Rear -- 22.75"

Pretty sure this is where I'm going to leave it for awhile and see how it drives.

2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED 20170812
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by custom880 Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Looks good, I'm keeping the wagon height stock, here in Oklahoma boondocks we have dirt roads and really bad dirt roads with gravel on them. btw how do you keep your garage so clean? That a HD on the background-interested in a panhead?
custom880
custom880

Back to top Go down

Post by regal81455 Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:44 pm

custom880 wrote:Looks good, I'm keeping the wagon height stock, here in Oklahoma boondocks we have dirt roads and really bad dirt roads with gravel on them.

Tx!! Totally understand your position on ride height -- fortunately where Im at the roads aren't too bad.

custom880 wrote:btw how do you keep your garage so clean?

It takes alot of effort that's for sure lol but seriously it does get pretty messed up from time to time. I've got homes for all my tools though so that makes it easy to put things back in their designated spots. Additionally, I ALWAYS start new "projects" no matter how big or small with a clean garage and workbench -- hate having to hunt and/or trip over things!!

custom880 wrote:That a HD on the background-interested in a panhead?

It sure is and I'm always open to seeing what someone has to offer -- shoot me a PM with some pix and what you're asking, etc... Here's a pic of mine -- it's a 13' HD Seventy-Two, pretty happy with it but have been thinking about trading in for an Indian Chief or Heritage Softail -- something the wife and I can take on longer trips -- she can only stand about an hr or two before we have to take a significant break right now.

2" FRONT DROP SPRING INSTALLED Cam00310
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 62cutlassconvert Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:35 am

Like the look. Very nice.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content