Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

waterpump,

3 posters

Go down

waterpump, Empty waterpump,

Post by Jim O Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on where to get a waterpump? My motor is at the engine builder and I come to find out it's not as easy to find a replacment. Rockauto will if I send my old one to them to rebuild. ARS has nothing. Napa did country search and came up dry. TA is asking $140 and not sure it is a drop in from what I read. Plus I think it is more than what I need.

Radiator replacment: Anyone have any feedback on the following Mfger's I have checked out that might have one. ASI performance (fit is a bit larger), KKS uncle cooling (to high), Eastwood MaxPowe Tri Flow ( also I bit larger), Champion (very close). Any issues that any of you have come accross putting one in?

Thanks much
Jim O
Wisconsin (62 special Convertible)

Jim O

Back to top Go down

waterpump, Empty Re: waterpump,

Post by StageCat Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:11 am

Why do you think the TA unit is not a direct replacement?

Tom
StageCat
StageCat

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Jim O Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:49 am

Kieth
Great idea. I know the mgr of the Orielly's near me. I am going to give him a call. Thanks. Since previous message found out more about this. RockAuto will rebuild yours. They have six different spots you can send it to. You contact them. They give you a rma number to send to the place of your choice. The price included the shipping cost back. Locations are noted with details are shown. Allicance, Dayton Ohio, Autoline- Mpls,Mn, Cardone -Penn & Texas, Dorman, Colmar PA, BD Reman - Long Beach Calif. Lares, Cambridege MN.

I believe you can buy a remanufactured one direct from CARDONE. It came up on my internet search.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StageCat:
To answer your question. TA Perf. information seemed to indicate the pump was a high performance and the cost reflected that. They have some measurements to look at. (I can't because the pump is at the engine builders in a box at the moment) Plus the cost is three times more than Cardone or RockAuto.

I believe a pump from a 300 was either larger or had extra vanes on it. I think I read it isn't difficult to retro a 64+ 300 pump to our 215's. There was a little issue with how far the shaft stuck out and one could change that if they wanted to easily enough if you wanted.

Thanks guys
Jim O.

Jim O

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down