Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

62 Buick Skylark Convertible

2 posters

Go down

62 Buick Skylark Convertible Empty 62 Buick Skylark Convertible

Post by Tony62Skylark Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:35 pm

Hey Folks,

Purchased 12/20 from a fella in Long Island, NY. Looked at several of these off and on for years while owning an MGB (rover 3.9/tr8 5 speed). Have been enamored with the 215v8 since it appeared on the 1985 cover of Hot Rod magazine. Since purchased - complete front/rear tie-rods and suspension bushings, lowered 2" (cut springs), custom rear shocks (2" shorter and hydraulic fluid vs gas charged). Rides and Handles GREAT - even with lousy all-weather cheap tires previous owner got from Walmart (they are new - so, have not been motivated to replace) - I'm a fan of aggressive summer radials. The atlas white wall looked good for a month (lots of compliments) - now yellowed around outer edge (getting worse - research reveals it is the tire compounds bleeding thru Sad

Now for an unfortunate first post...

CHEERS - Tony

Tony62Skylark
Tony62Skylark

Back to top Go down

62 Buick Skylark Convertible Empty Re: 62 Buick Skylark Convertible

Post by cdnwillyg Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:46 am

First off welcome and nice looking convert! I read about your experience on the bridge but not able to add anything to help. If stuck I do have another drive shaft just in case, good luck!
cdnwillyg
cdnwillyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony62Skylark Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:45 am

Canadian Willy - thanks for heads-up on driveshaft. Back at you with "nice looking convertible"! Avatar to small to see if yours has red interior (?)

Regards, Tony
Tony62Skylark
Tony62Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony62Skylark Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:57 am

Btw - when I mentioned cheap tires - it's not because they came from Walmart - they are CHEAP CHINOLA CRAP - I'm cheap, but will buy other better tires made elsewhere - I'll give an Indian from Calcutta a run for his rupee!
Tony62Skylark
Tony62Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down