Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from the Netherlands!

3 posters

Go down

Hello from the Netherlands! Empty Hello from the Netherlands!

Post by SFilmer Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:45 am

Hey everyone, thank you for having me. Happy to see this forum is still relatively active!

My name is Sjoerd, I'm from the Netherlands, Eindhoven. 26-year-old student, about to finish my studies. (automotive student) Have been driving around old cars (pre- 1975) for the last 5 years.

I came across a 1962 skylark with the 215ci v8 and 4 speed manual transmission (BW-T10) back in june 2020. Found her as a non-runner which needed some brake work. I was up for a challenge as all other fun things weren't allowed due to covid-19 restrictions, so I bought her and got started.

Hello from the Netherlands! Buick_10
in quite good condition on the first look!
Hello from the Netherlands! Buick_10

Hello from the Netherlands! 016a3b11
but not all was as it seemed, turned out the engine needed a full rebuild. This is the damage on one of the pistons. Some weird damage right? Looks like a previous owner just dropped this piston on the floor during their restoration attempt, causing the edge to break off, and they just decided to put it right back in and make this a problem for the next owner! No remnants of the broken-off part were found anywhere in the oil pan.

In the meantime I have been working on it for quite a bit, but I've found out parts are incredibly hard to come by which has slowed down progress quite a bit, especially since I'm not from the US but in the Netherlands in Europe. I'm very determined to put this beautiful car back on the road however.

Sjoerd

SFilmer

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Netherlands! Empty 1962 Buick Special parts

Post by troy noble Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:32 am

I have disassembled 4 of these cars and sell parts...email me what you need and I will send you pictures and prices.
troybnoble@hotmail.com
or 217 597 0000

troy noble

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Netherlands! Empty Re: Hello from the Netherlands!

Post by beachbuick62 Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:27 pm

Hey You! THIS GUY right here is a guru. Very humble, but dang, he knows his stuff about our cars! I live clear across the nation and he can explain my 911 in even a way a girl understands! So many thanks Troy.

beachbuick62

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Netherlands! Empty Re: Hello from the Netherlands!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum