Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aluminum Champion radiators

+5
StageCat
Bill
Esasky's62Lark
regal81455
dowxxpa
9 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Aluminum Champion radiators - Page 9 Empty Re: Aluminum Champion radiators

Post by regal81455 Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 am

Jim -- you can send me the pix if you want and I'll happily post them up for you. I'm definitely curious to your setup. If it's like mine ( seems there are multiple versions of rads ) and your rad shop can reproduce another one, I'd be interested in having them make me one up -- I'm in IL so I would hope they would be willing to ship?

Anyways -- Like I said I'll post the pics -- just send them to regal81455@gmail.com
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 62cutlassconvert Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Not sure if your newly built rad is alum or not so I may be missing something here but won't a new stock replacement rad from US Radiator fit? Among other configurations they do 3 tube high efficiency cores, but they are in Cu/Brass. You can call and talk to the owner for exact dimensions etc.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim O Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Yes, your correct about US Rad. I had read that about them. Because I wasnt looking for a stock look I prefered a aluminum (liked the look) so I expected the Champion to work. From what I had read on here, I thought it would fit. The demensions of the Rad were very close. Just had A tiny to much height. I got to thinking the hoods are different on the 61,62 & think 63. That could be why mine didn't fit. I thought my feedback might save some other with the hots for a Aluminum the trouble. BTW. Anyone want to by a brand new champion Aluminum radiator. VERY cheap.... (otherwise its going on craigslist in spring, along with a few other things I dont want to keep.)

Jim O

Back to top Go down

Post by 62cutlassconvert Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Yeah, too bad, nice looking welded up Alum Rad. Although not as nice looking as the Champion you show, the Northern Alum rad I put in did fit well with no mods to the rad if someone want a basic 2x 1" tube core. Running the car in the shop right now and it cools very well with the fan clutch set up I describe earlier.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by 62cutlassconvert Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Listed a NEW cross flow Cu/brass radiator in the For Sale section, cheap. Take a look if interested.

62cutlassconvert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9