Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No reverse

2 posters

Go down

No reverse Empty No reverse

Post by Six Deuce Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Put the car in reverse this affermnoon and the 62 would not go backwards if i press on gas pedal .....it was stumbling..... i had to let it go back with no pedal,,,,,,,it was slow but okay..... theni put it in park,,,,,, i heard some whining...,,, same thing in neutral,,,,, i have another rebuilt traanny,,,,,, guess i have plans for next winter!!!!! Anyone had this trouble with the dyal path????
Six Deuce
Six Deuce

Back to top Go down

No reverse Empty Re: No reverse

Post by regal81455 Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:47 pm

If you're fluid is at the correct level than your tranny is goin' south - from what I hear very typical for reverse to go out on these dual paths.
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Deuce Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:49 pm

Then how come it goes back perfectly if i dont press on the gas pedal?
I would have thought that the tranny would not engage at all in reverse if its going bad.....should i try to change fluid and filter as a last try before putting my other dual path????
Six Deuce
Six Deuce

Back to top Go down

Post by regal81455 Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:44 am

Well I'm no tranny expert so don't take this as gospel like I mentioned earlier reverse going out seems to be fairly common though. My guess would be the friction bands are going toast - with no load they probably have enough grip to move but once you try to spin it up they don't - doing a tranny service certainly couldn't hurt and while doing so you may come across your issue.

Maybe someone else will chime in soon...
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum