Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy Minnesota with 62 4spd questions

2 posters

Go down

New guy Minnesota with 62 4spd questions Empty New guy Minnesota with 62 4spd questions

Post by 4spdlark Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:40 pm

This is a great forum. Glad I found it. The reason i joined is because i am thinking of taking a 62 skylark (original 4spd) hardtop in partial trade on a Ford project i inherited and am no longer interested in. I also have a 65 skylark gran sport 4spd that scored 394 at BCA nationals 2 years ago. I'll admit i know nothing about the rarity or desirability of the 62's but i have always really liked the look. IF I take it I might sell it or keep it. This car has a Rochester 4 barrel (are these original?), a BW t-10 and is mostly otherwise original except for the wheels and one paint. I would be receiving it from the second owner who has had it for about 45 years. One thing I am trying to figure our how much "credit" i should give for this car on trade. Interior, floor etc are solid but the rear quarters have a small amount of minor bubbling above the wheel opening. mechanically very sound. Needs a carb rebuild and that's about it. Owner is a car guy. Any general information about this car would surely be appreciated. Thanks for any thoughts. Rob

4spdlark

Back to top Go down

New guy Minnesota with 62 4spd questions Empty Re: New guy Minnesota with 62 4spd questions

Post by regal81455 Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Welcome Rob - hope we can be of some help. The rochester 4bl is in fact the original carb, normally referred to as a 4GC. Very kewl that you found a 4spd car. Thats really the only thing I wish was diff about my own.

Anyways as for trade value - if you could get pics and post them that would be best but prob 1.5 to 2k is all Id consider - these cars are really starting to build in value but even the best 10pt examples struggle to command 10k from what Ive seen.

Hope that helps! Keep in mind thats just one mans opinion.
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

New guy Minnesota with 62 4spd questions Empty Re: New guy Minnesota with 62 4spd questions

Post by 4spdlark Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks . I appreciate that. I thought the Borg Warner 4spds attracted dollars like they do in the later models so your information is really helpful. It will prevent me from making a bad deal. I will try to post a photo and some details.

4spdlark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down