Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early 60s front bucket seat covers/parts interchange?

2 posters

Go down

Early 60s front bucket seat covers/parts interchange? Empty Early 60s front bucket seat covers/parts interchange?

Post by Esasky's62Lark Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:21 pm

Gents,

Are our bucket seats in our cars basically the same seats as GM used in all the early 60s models?

I know that our seat mounting brackets are a little different, but I'm talking dimension/general style wise.

Reason I ask is I would love to recover my seats by myself but I know for a fact that my lower bucket seat foam is in dire need of replacing. Of course, no one offers reproduction seat foam for our cars but if the seats are the same design, foam from another GM may work.

I was planning on using PUIs seat covers from a tempest. They look almost identical.

Let me know your thoughts!

Chris
Esasky's62Lark
Esasky's62Lark

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Early 60s front bucket seat covers/parts interchange? Empty Re: Early 60s front bucket seat covers/parts interchange?

Post by Esasky's62Lark Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 pm

That's what I thought Keith.

Hoping others chime in and give some feedback too.
Esasky's62Lark
Esasky's62Lark

Back to top Go down

Early 60s front bucket seat covers/parts interchange? Empty Re: Early 60s front bucket seat covers/parts interchange?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum