Buick Skylark/Special Forum - '61, '62, and '63
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

4 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by Tim_D Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:12 pm

I bought my '62 in the spring of 2013. After selling my half-finished '63 Nova wagon in an attempt to quit the car hobby, I was encouraged by my wife that it wasn't a very good idea to do so. She knows me so well...  Very Happy

I had only owned Chevys to that point ('75 Vette, '68 Chevelle, '63 Nova Coupe, '64 Chevelle, and the aforementioned wagon). However, I really wanted something that I could drive as I worked on it, and classic Chevys didn't fit the $5,000 max budget. (I actually sold the wagon shell with a rebuilt 307 in it for $5,900). So, I opened up the search for anything in the 1960s that looked cool.

My current '62 4347 was purchased about 150 miles from my home, and needed some work - but had a VERY solid body, a Saginaw 4-speed, and ran/drove. I brought it home, fixed the rear suspension/axle, swapped in a T5 5-speed, and have been having a blast since!

The engine is currently out of the car so I can clean/repair/detail the engine compartment, while also swapping in disc brakes and installing a hybrid Skylark/F85 Jetfire exhaust. I plan is to complete these items before this summer's driving season.

Check my profile for a link to my Photobucket site. I keep a running diary of the work I've been doing to the Buick, as well as some of the other cars I've previously owned.
Tim_D
Tim_D

https://s634.photobucket.com/user/Tim_D_63wagon/library/

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Bill Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Very cool. I have seen your car on the yahoo group several times and I love the look with the rims. I am hoping to have mine on the road in the early part of the driving season as well... we will see what happens though. I don't have a heated garage, so I am guessing I might have to wait a bit longer than I would like. Glad to see you aboard and look forward to hearing from you!
Bill
Bill
Admin

https://skylark616263.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by regal81455 Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:08 am

Welcome Tim! Looks like you have a beautiful version of these cars. My only wish with mine was that it was a manual -- I will have to live vicariously through you I guess lol! Anyways look forward to seeing what you have to share with the group!
regal81455
regal81455
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:14 pm

I just noticed you linked your photobucket account as a website in your profile. Nice. The pictures on there are great.
Bill
Bill
Admin

https://skylark616263.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down