Merry Christmas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merry Christmas

Post by woody1640 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Merry Christmas ~~~~To Me~~~~~~LOL
When I bought my car it did not come with any seats, although it had all the panels and such and in really nice condition (black). I found a set of seats in a junkyard, but they were in really really bad condition. They were red in color and the vinyl was so stiff it would crack upon touching them, mice had been in them and wrecked most of the foam and water rusted the base of the frames and required some restoration  work as well. I took them to a local upholstery shop that does a lot of classic car, hot rod and street rod interiors and is very good. I dropped them off at the end of April of this year and just got a call today that they were done, place is very busy and gets back logged sometimes ... lol I had them use original black vinyl for the outer edges, base and back. Then I found that bue material in their pile of stock and liked it so heres the outcome!

Keith

woody1640

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by regal81455 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:24 am

They look nice Keith!! They kind look GNish, was that intentional or inadvertent? Just curious.

regal81455
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:55 am

Merry Christmas indeed! Those look great!

Bill
Admin

View user profile http://skylark616263.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas

Post by woody1640 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:03 am

regal81455 wrote:They look nice Keith!!  They kind look GNish, was that intentional or inadvertent?  Just curious.

Josh: Thank you ... getting these seats done was a huge step towards completion of my car. I thought about what I wanted the seats to look like for a long time (several years). I am not a huge fan of vinyl cause it gets hot n sticky in the summer, but yet I wanted to retain the original look somewhat so it would match the original panels and such. To answer your question it was totally inadvertent.

Keith

woody1640

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by regal81455 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:08 am

Well the combo works regardless and looks great! Will be nice to finally sit in the cab I bet and really start to feel like you're driving it! Keep on chugging, before you know it you'll be cruisin' the streets of Mankato!

Josh

regal81455
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top